Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2019

Design Concepts

I want to make a Jeep because I want to see how fast or slow the Jeep will go. The purpose of making this Jeep is so I can play with it. I have chosen to make it for my siblings and I.

One of the tools that I used was a ruler to make a full size working drawing of my project because I had to be exact with my measurements.

Step 1- I used a tri-square to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the wood.

Step 2- I marked a square line at 90 degrees across the wood with the ruler and I marked with the tri-square.

Step 3- I cut off the first piece of wood using a saw and slightly sanded it. 

Step 4- I then marked the wood with a pencil that would be the joint.

Step 5- Next I cut the wood with a saw and chiselled the rest of the wood out but not past the line.

Step 6-I tried to fit the piece of wood that I cut into the space but it couldn't fit. I tried sanding it but only half of it could fit in. So I took it to Mr. Grundy and he trimmed and sanded it so it could fit.

Step 7-Mr. Grundy grabbed a new piece of wood that would be the front of my Jeep, this piece of wood was sanded smooth an was curved but still a square shape.

Step 8- He then glued the piece of wood to the joint and secured it with rubber bands.

Step 9- We now cut a little thin piece of wood that would go on the top and glued it on.

Step 10- I now had to draw a seat, that was similar to stairs twice. I was very confused while doing this. Even though I had my drawing by reference I was still puzzled.

Step 10- Mr. Grundy came and was confused as what I was trying to do, but said he could still work with it.                                     
So he cut and glued it on with super glue. Then later secured it with rubber bands.








No comments:

Post a Comment